A Basic EMT Scholarship Program
- - Clinical Crew
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Welcome to the MedCare application for the EMT-B Scholarship Program! To be eligible, a candidate must:
1. Become employed as an Ambulette Driver, EMT-B or EMT-A at MedCare
2. Be accepted into this program!
THIS INFORMATION ALSO APPLIES TO THE PARAMEDIC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE EMT-B SCHOLARSHP PROGRAM WITH THIS APPLICATION.
Please see below for program details. Then, if interested, please complete the application and someone from Human Resources will reach out to you!
EMT-B SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM AGREEMENT
This Agreement is between CEMS of Ohio, Inc. dba MedCare Ambulance ("Employer") and; _______________ ("Employee"). The Agreement is effective the date it is signed by both parties (Employer and Employee); it governs the terms and conditions of Employee's participation in the Education Assistance Program for the EMS Program – EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic (the "Program") offered by MedCare Ambulance to employees of MedCare Ambulance.
Section 1 - Program Tuition Provisions
1. Employer will pay $___________on my behalf as tuition for the Program. Employee will enroll in the Program. Fee schedule attached on page 6.
2. Payment under this Agreement is only for the tuition costs and books required for completing the Program. Tuition payments will be made by Employer directly to the Program.
3. Fees and expenses related to preparing for and taking the National Registry Licensing Examination are the Employee responsibility to pay.
4. Employee is responsible to pay for transfer fees or any course taken a second time due to a previous "fail", a withdrawal, an incomplete, or any other reason Employee repeats a course, a class or clinical.
Section 2 – Participation Requirements
1. Employee understands that to be eligible to participate in the Program, Employee must maintain all company required certifications for the position which they are employed. The list is shown below. Employee also understands that they also must meet the licensure requirements established by the State of Ohio.
i. Driver's license
ii. Ohio BCI
iii. CPR and First Aid
iv. Passenger Assistance Course
v. EMT-Basic/EMT-Advanced Driver's License
vi. State Licensure
If Employee becomes ineligible to participate in the Program, or becomes ineligible for licensure by the State of Ohio after beginning the Program, Employee must repay to Employer the entire amount of tuition paid by Employer. Employee must make full repayment within ninety (90) days of the date Employer makes a written request for repayment.
2. Employee must successfully pass the National Registry Licensing Examination and obtain a license no later than 120 days after course completion. If Employee does not, then Employee must repay to Employer the entire amount of tuition paid by Employer. Employee must make full repayment within ninety (90) days of the date Employer makes a written request for repayment.
3. If Employee does not successfully complete all of the required classroom and lab instruction by the course completion date, Employee must repay to Employer the entire amount of tuition paid by Employer. Employee must make full repayment within ninety (90) days of the date Employer makes a written request for repayment.
4. Employee understands that they must:
If in the EMT-Paramedic Scholarship Program obtain a license as an EMT-Paramedic and after obtaining the license, remain actively employed for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months, working a full-time schedule, as a licensed EMT-Paramedic at a MedCare Ambulance location.
If in the EMT-Basic Scholarship Program obtain a license as an EMT-Basic and after obtaining the license, remain actively employed for a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, working a full-time schedule, as a licensed EMT-Basic at a MedCare Ambulance location.
5. If Employee resigns or is discharged for any reason other than a reduction in force following successful completion of the Program, and Employee has not met the employment commitment described in section 2 paragraph 5 of this Agreement, the repayment required under this Agreement will be immediately due and payable to Employer. Employee hereby authorizes Employer to deduct all or part of the repayment from any severance payment, settlement amount, compensation or other payment due to Employee upon termination of their employment with Employer as allowed by law. Employer and Employee may agree to alternate repayment arrangements. Employee will be responsible for all costs of collection in the event Employer takes action to recover the amount due from Employee.
6. Participation in this Program is voluntary. Employee understands that this Agreement and participation in this Program does not in any way alter any other term, condition or fringe benefit of employee's employment with Employer. All other terms, conditions and fringe benefits shall remain the same.
7. Employer agrees to pay Employee for scheduled weekday classroom and weekday lab time only. Employee will be paid at their hourly base rate.
8. If Employee is scheduled to work the same day as classroom or lab time, Employee must work their entire scheduled shift in order to be paid for classroom or lab time for that day.
9. Employee must be full-time in status as a driver or EMT-Basic at a MedCare Ambulance location during the entire length of the program. Employee will agree to an approved schedule and will be notified of their new schedule one month prior to the first day of class. Schedules and adjustments can only be approved by the Vice President of EMS.
10. Employee understands that for the duration of the Participation Agreement, including the two (2) years following the completion of the Program and passing the National Registry, Employee will not directly compete with MedCare Ambulance and will not seek or accept employment with any direct competitor or client of MedCare Ambulance. For purposes of this paragraph, "competitor" means any person or business entity engaged in providing emergency medical transportation services or support functions for emergency medical transportation services.
Section 3 – Miscellaneous
1. Employee understands that this Agreement and this Program does not guarantee Employee will be issued a license. Employee must apply for a license and meet the licensure requirements as established by the State of Ohio.
2. Employee understands that they become immediately ineligible to participate in this Program for two (2) years if they incur disciplinary action at the Final Warning level while participating in this Program. Employer shall immediately cease payment of tuition costs when the discipline is issued. Employee agrees to provide written notification of any suspension to the Vice President of EMS. Failure to provide written notification of a suspension may result in Employee being deemed permanently ineligible to participate in the Program.
Employee becomes immediately ineligible to continue to participate in the Program if they begin a leave of absence which will not allow them to attend class and perform light duty work for the rest of their full-time status. Employee agrees to provide written notification of a leave of absence to the Vice President of EMS. Failure to provide written notification of any leave of absence may result in Employee being deemed permanently ineligible to participate in the Program.
3. This is the entire Agreement between the Employee and Employer regarding the Program. This Agreement supersedes any and all prior agreements or understanding regarding the Program and Employee participating in the Program. This Agreement may not be rescinded, modified, or amended in any manner except by another written agreement signed by the parties.
4. Ohio law governs this Agreement. If any provision cannot be enforced, the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall be interpreted in a manner which best fulfills the intent of the Agreement.
5. Upon successful completion of the Program and obtaining the National Registry licensure to function as EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic, the Program Administrator will assign the Employee a clinical shift based upon the operational needs of the company. The shift can include days, nights and weekends and in any region.
6. Transfers; Employee who chooses a voluntary or involuntary transfer between classes will be subject to a $750.00 transfer fee paid by the Employee. Transfers are approved by the Vice President of EMS and the Program Administrator.
Section 4 – Employee Schedule
1. Employee will be provided a schedule specific to the class in which they are enrolled.