- - Administration and Support
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: √ FT ___PT
Department: Clinical Operations
Exempt Status: ___Y √ N
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for providing scheduling, staffing, and administrative support to the Operations Team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Focus and Communication
1. Understands both the stated and unstated values of MedCare. Lives up to the organization's values at all times. Considers mission statement, vision, and values in making decisions and taking actions.
2. Builds good relationships and rapport with partners, supervisors and management. Treats all people with dignity and respect.
3. Knows and meets all of the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively seeks customers' feedback on quality of service provided and resolves customer related issues.
4. Promotes good internal customer service. Receive and respond to personal visits, incoming calls, and e-mails in a prompt and professional manner.
Maintains and Enhances Skills
5. Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner.
6. Demonstrates the essential skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations. Is a continual learner, adds to knowledge and skills as job requirements evolve.
7. Meets all training requirements, including Ninth Brain assignments.
Teamwork and Engagement
8. Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback.
9. Respectfully challenges ideas and shares alternate opinions but supports team decisions. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
10. Adapts approach, goals, and methods to achieve solutions and results in changing situations.
11. Contributes to a workplace that is free from harassment and respects individual differences.
12. Meets company meeting attendance requirements. Is in compliance with attendance policies.
Safety and Security
13. Is knowledgeable about job safety and security responsibilities. Adheres to all workplace safety and security regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
14. Demonstrates safe and secure work habits. Takes no shortcuts that increase risks. Looks for unsafe and non-secure practices in the workplace.
15. Promptly reports actual or potential safety or security concerns.
16. Protects the privacy of all Company and patient information in accordance with the Company's privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. May access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete job duties.
Decision and Recommendation Quality
17. Gathers information and others' input to allow a thorough assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in decision-making and recommendations.
18. Considers lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others.
19. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process.
20. Actively participates in the creation, development, and implementation of staffing plans.
21. Develops and coordinates operations division schedules using ESO and/or other applicable scheduling software.
22. Monitor's employee overtime and absenteeism and reports problems/issues. Works with Supervisors to establish daily schedule to ensure resources are consistent with fluctuating run volumes.
23. Provides daily staffing communication to appropriate personnel.
24. Coordinates with MedCare's educational partners including, but not limited to, OhioHealth EMS Education, Hocking College, Columbus State College, Tri-Rivers Community College, and Pickaway-Ross Community College for the scheduling of EMT, Paramedic, and First Responder clinical precepting schedules. The Scheduling Coordinator will work with partner students to schedule clinical shifts with MedCare Field Training Officers and Preceptors. The Scheduling Coordinator will be responsible for all student schedules as well as, coordination of ancillary departmental ride-along's to ensure both waiver compliance and availability.
25. Provide daily scheduling reports for operational decision making.
26. Attend weekly headcount meetings to ensure accurate FTE counts, credentialing, and partner placement.
27. Maintain monthly casual partner list to ensure shift compliance and report any concerns to Human Resources.
28. Assist Operations Leadership Team with the development and implementation of scheduling policies.
29. Assists with shift bid planning to ensure proper placement of resources based on current FTE counts and operational needs.
30. Responsible for the building of new shift templates and forwarding scheduling templates to MedCare partners on a continual basis.
31. Maintains appropriate staffing including authorization of vacation, overtime, and mandatory trainings.
32. Serves as a secondary approval manager for time card management and approval.
33. Monitors and tracks all adjustments, identifies any trends, and consults with leadership as needed.
34. Assists the Education Department in coordinating the orientation schedules for new hires.
35. Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
36. Maintains, monitors, and reports on staffing and scheduling key performance indicators (KPI's) as well as develops reporting as needed.
37. In conjunction with the Operations Leadership Team, ensures short and long-range strategic plans are carried out.
38. Maintains flexibility to adapt priorities based on changing business needs.
39. Supports MedCare's Strategic Goal to attract, develop, and retain staff.
Quality and Regulatory Compliance
40. Maintains compliance with all pertinent standards, laws, regulations and rules.
41. Completes continuous quality reviews and monitoring of pertinent data and procedures as needed for contracts, licensure, accreditation, legal compliance, and operations.
42. Helps assure compliance with all City, State and Federal laws.
43. Adheres to compliance standards, code of conduct and performance metrics.
44. Assists in developing, monitoring, implementing and achieving of specific labor use and scheduling goals.
1. G.E.D. or High School Diploma required.
2. Healthcare or EMS experience preferred.
3. Ohio EMT certification preferred.
4. Associates Degree in Business or related field preferred or a combination of three to five years relevant EMS experience.
5. Valid Driver's License is required with a good driving record.
6. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) strongly preferred.
7. Excellent organizational skills and task management with little supervision is required.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of business and personnel management procedures, theories, and methods.
9. Knowledge of budgetary procedures including statistical research, management, and report production.
10. Comprehensive knowledge on operation of personal computers, especially PC format software.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other internal and external Partners.
12. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
13. Problem solving skills and data analysis skills are strongly preferred.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, heat, dust, etc.
MedCare Ambulance provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings